Introducing the 'Deconstructing Success' Podcast with Chris Winfield
The late Steve Jobs once said, "You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards.”
His emphasis on “connecting the dots” has had a profound impact on my life. Which is why it’s played at the beginning of every episode of this show.
Part of my mission with the Deconstructing Success podcast is to help “connect the dots” in successful people’s stories so that my listeners realize that they are not alone. So you can understand that everyone struggles. Everyone doubts themselves. But that the truly successful people are the ones who keep going. The ones who get back up. And you’ll get an inside look at exactly how they do that each and every day.
For the last three and half years, I have either talked to or met with at least one person I admired (some were friends, some were strangers) and I simply asked questions and most importantly, I listened.
These were people from all different industries and at different points in their life. I can remember one week when I met with the owner of one of the NY Times, a hustling (but broke) 20 year old start-up founder, an up and coming broadway star, a human rights advocate, a CEO with a net-worth north of 6 billion, and a woman who was in the middle of one of the most dramatic life changes I had ever heard of.
And I learned something (many things) from each of them. I kept doing this day after day. And I still do it. Because I knew I didn’t have all of the answers. I knew that if I kept asking the right questions and I kept listening, I could keep improving myself and I could do the same for other people.
And that’s exactly what the Deconstructing Success podcast does each week when I interview top entrepreneurs, writers, artists and business people from around the world. Discover the real story of how they “made it” and how they actually work and live. Learn about their exact habits, daily routines, productivity hacks and secrets are and get actionable advice, takeaways and actions to apply and try them in your own life.
It’s all based on real-life experiences and results. Real people. Real stories. Really actionable advice & takeaways.
Show Notes & Key Takeaways:
* Chris Winfield is an entrepreneur, writer, and speaker from New York City, helping thousands of overwhelmed individuals get control over their lives and productivity. He is also a columnist for TIME, Business Insider, Inc., and Entrepreneur Magazine. But it’s not why you should listen to this show. (00:53)
* Why should you join us? Let Chris explain with real life stories. Story #1: how a slice of pizza can change your life. (1:41)
* The change occurs through listening and asking the right questions. Find out how! (4:00)
* Story #2 is about connecting the dots. It came to life thanks to Steve Jobs, and his amazingly insightful 2005 Stanford University commencement speech. (5:13)
* Story #3: a conversation with Chris’ friend, a successful entrepreneur, about how the stories of successful people always sound so perfect and effortless. But reality is not like that! (7:17)
* Story #4 is about taking action and how one conversation can be a push to get something done now, rather than somewhere in the intangible future...for example, this very podcast. (8:05)
* Find out how this podcast is about something different, and why REAL is the key word. (8:47)
Want to Go Further?
* Join our tribe and subscribe in iTunes or your podcast player.
* Check out all of the episode breakdowns, transcripts, downloads and more at
* To celebrate the launch of the show, we’re giving away some awesome prizes that you can win. Check out the full details at http://www.chriswinfield.com/contest and join in the fun!
* Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes, just type in “deconstructing success” in the search bar...and click the subscribe button.
* And if you enjoyed today’s show, please take a few moments to leave a review...your support means the world to us!